Andrea Jablonski. Bruce Neal. Chris Hefner. Cole Pierce. Cinchel (Jason Shanley). EC Brown. George John Larson. Jake Myers. Jon Bollo. Michelle Harris. Pleasant Group (Erik Wenzel). Stephanie Burke+Jeriah Hildwine+Ryan Peter Miller.
Last-minute inclusions to the participant roster are always welcome.
Participation is open to all who will adhere to following mandatory specifications:
- An edition of artifacts shall be created, to be distributed freely. [+]
Media is up to the discretion of the participant, as well as the number of multiples. 20 copies for a single event have proved a reasonable minimum. Do keep in mind that this event will occur in two cities.
- Artifacts shall commit an arrangement of recordings. [+]
Discs have been most common, although participants have also fashioned artifacts that introduce a printed link to an online archive.
- Participants shall proclaim their own specifications, to enrich the ASCII specification body. [+]
All participants must publicly declare their own personal specifications for this event, and make them available to the ASCII working group, regardless of whether or not it is feasible for others to adopt them. These specs can be orderly rules, instigations, prose, cryptic schematics or even diagrams. They can pertain to the nature of the recordings, the artifact packaging, display methods, apparel or etiquette.
- Attire shall always be elegant.
The following are strongly recommended, but not absolutely mandatory:
- Participants shall consummate their edition with a 10-minute reverie during the ASCII event. [+]
This can include audio playback, projected footage, performance, readings, oration, etc.
- Participants shall create a Master Copy: exquisitely constructed; unattainable or only so at a dear price.
- Artifacts shall include documentation of all specifications fulfilled, adhered to conditionally, or violated.
The following images are offered in lieu of specific themes. They will be part of the promotion of this event, and participants are welcome to regard them in any direct or oblique manner they choose.
Please, let me know of your intention to participate as soon as possible.
Although it has been customary to accept new ASCII participants at any stage of the undertaking, I'll establish the following deadlines:
- Monday, April 15:
Declaration of extended specifications
to make your specifications available to the entire ASCII working group, prior to the weeks critical for fabrication.
- Thursday, April 25:
Commitment to the roster
in order to be included in the press release and general invitation.
- Wednesday, May 1:
Elastic Arts reverie plan
to permit ASCII participant Andrea Jablonski, our liaison to Elastic Arts, to make necessary accommodations. Also, so I can design a program.